Last updated: 2 October 2020
Here at VG Acquisition Corp, we take your privacy seriously. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you give us and we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
We may collect and store the following types of your personal information when you use the Website or correspond with us (for example by post or email):
- your name;
- your contact information such as your email address and organization;
- information in connection with communications you send us, for example to report a problem; and
- details of the functions and services you use on the Website.
How will we use your information?
We will only use your personal information for our purposes in a manner permitted by relevant data protection legislation, which may include:
- for our legitimate interests, for example to provide the Website and its features and in order to give you the best user experience; or
- where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
By “legitimate interests”, we mean our interests in managing the Website and our relationship with you. We will make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests will not automatically override your interests and we won’t use your information if we feel that your interests override ours (unless, of course, you provide your consent or we have a contractual or legal obligation to use your information in that way).
We may use your personal information specifically:
- to help us make the Website and other related content available to you;
- to make the Website more relevant for you and our other visitors. This includes sometimes requesting personal information from you to help us run and develop our Website and associated functions;
- to comply with the law; or
- as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as we need it or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it (as well as complying with our legal obligations).
Will we share your information with anyone else?
We may share your information only if:
- we are required to do so to comply with a contractual obligation or legal requirement or with the directions of the courts or other authorities;
- we feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests; or
- it helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We contractually require these service providers to keep your personal data safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal data for the purposes we specify.
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other Virgin entities – but we’ll keep it anonymous, so you won’t be identifiable from that data. We will never rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual.
You have a number of rights concerning the way that we use your information. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, object to, request access to, or request that we correct, amend or erase your personal information by contacting us in writing.
How will we make sure our site is secure?
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your information is stored and used, and who sees it, and to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. Please note that as no system is 100% secure, we can’t guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. We do not accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of your personal information if there is a security breach.
Where will your information be held?
In order to give you the best user experience, each time you use the Website, we may collect certain information by automated means, for example cookies, IP address, network location, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system and details of your use of the Website.
When you visit the Website, the following types of cookies may be downloaded to your device, and some cookies may also be placed by third parties (for example our service providers such as Google Analytics):
- Strictly necessary cookies – essential to enable you to move around the Website and use its features.
- Performance cookies – collect information about how visitors use the Website, for example how often you return, how long you stay and how you move around the Website.
- Functionality cookies – allow us to remember the choices a user makes, such as a username or language preference so we can provide you with a more enhanced user experience.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies collect information about a user’s browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the Website operator’s permission.
You may refuse to accept cookies by adjusting your cookie settings here or by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Please be aware that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
Changes to this Policy
Finally — if in doubt, talk to us