Our commitment to ensuring accessibility for all
We are committed to making sure our website is accessible to as many users as possible. In all instances unless otherwise stated, we will conform to the level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
If you have any difficulties accessing the information on our website, please contact us for further support. Click here for contact details.
Guiding principles for accessibility
- We use live text in appropriately marked up HTML instead of graphics or PDF documents across the site to describe the core service offering.
- We use WebAIM.org to test any colour variations to ensure the contrast between copy and the background are accessible to people with disabilities.
- All pages are built on a responsive framework to avoid the need for any horizontal scrolling across a wide range of devices ranging from desktops to mobile phones.
- We use a consistent navigation menu and clear signposting across the site
- We aim to comply with the W3C Web content accessibility guidelines where possible
- You can resize text this site using your web browser
- You can download free software online and find out about accessibility features for a variety of systems:
- www.abilitynet.org.uk – for further information and guides about customising your computer
- www.microsoft.com/enable/training/default.aspx – Microsoft’s accessibility wizard for Internet explorer
- www.google.com/accessibility/all-products-features.html – Google accessibility tools for Google Chrome
- www.apple.com/accessibility – Apple accessibility features relating to Safari
- www.accessfirefox.org – accessibility features in Firefox and download extensions